In this episode of Dynamic Conversations, I chat with my dear friend Asja Caspari. Asja is a talented portrait and fashion photographer.
(Seriously, check out her photos on Instagram!)
In this dynamic conversation, we talk about the list of Kevin Kelly, the founding executive editor of Wired magazine, where he gives 68 pieces of life advice upon turning 68.
Do have a look at his list yourself; you’ll not regret checking out his blog post “68 Bits of Unsolicited Advice” and the lessons you can get from it!
Aside from that, we also chat about finding mentors, happiness, the skills that changed both our lives, and much more.
Please enjoy this dynamic conversation between Asja and me.
Subscribe and listen to Dynamic Conversations on your favorite platform!
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams (Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dreams is a popular science book about sleep by the neuroscientist and sleep researcher, Matthew Walker.)
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World (Minimalism is the art of knowing how much is just enough. Digital minimalism applies this idea to our personal technology.)
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action (Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action is a book by Simon Sinek.)
- The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing (The Top Five Regrets of the Dying – A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing is a 2012 book by Bronnie Ware inspired by her time as a palliative carer.)
- The IPS Podcast | Educational Platform on Life (In this podcast hosted by Jellis Vaes, the founder of The IPS Project, you can expand your knowledge about life topics that we learn little to nothing about growing up—topics such as mental health, relationships, the workings of the mind, etc. We will learn about them from experts and people from all walks of life.)
- EP 021 – How to Rewire Your Brain to Be Happy | Dr. Rick Hanson, Ph.D. | The Science of Happiness (In this episode on The IPS Podcast, Dr. Rick Hanson, leading expert on positive neuroplasticity, talks about how you can rewire your brain to be happy.)
- EP 017 – Within the Mind of a Warrior: Rich Hungerford, Former SAS Patrol Commander (In this interview of The IPS Podcast, Richard Hungerford, former SAS Patrol Commander, talks about fear, mindset, nature, and what it means to be a warrior.)
- Generation Wealth (Lauren Greenfield examines materialism, celebrity culture, and social status and reflects on the desire to be wealthy at any cost. This visual history of the growing obsession with wealth uses first-person interviews in Los Angeles, Moscow, Dubai, China and around the world to bear witness to the global boom-and-bust economy, and to document its complicated consequences.)
- Cold Turkey (The free website blocker designed for studying or focusing on work. Block distractions like social media, games, apps, Youtube or even the entire Internet.)
- The ULTIMATE Time Management & Productivity Course (Learn the killers of time management & productivity, the tools, techniques, and a LIFE-CHANGING SYSTEM, the Action Plan.)
- Why you should define your fears instead of your goals | Tim Ferriss (Tim Ferriss encourages us to fully envision and write down our fears in detail, in a simple but powerful exercise he calls “fear-setting.” Learn more about how this practice can help you thrive in high-stress environments and separate what you can control from what you cannot.)
- Start with why — how great leaders inspire action | Simon Sinek | TEDxPugetSound (Those who lead inspire us. We follow those who lead because we want to and for selfish reasons. Those who start with “why” that have the ability to inspire those around them or find others who inspire them.)
- Recomendo (Curated by Kevin Kelly, Mark Frauenfelder and Claudia Dawson, our goal is to give our readers a weekly list of 6 things we love — travel tips, books, TV shows, clothes, tools, websites, podcasts, and so on. We want people to be able to read the entire newsletter in 90 seconds or less, with no fluff or wheel spinning.)
- “5-Bullet Friday” email newsletter by Tim Ferriss (Get the 5 Things I’ve Been Loving, Using, and Reading: Books, Gadgets, Hacks, and More.)
- How to Embody Happiness | Exclusive Meditation Practice with Dr. Rick Hanson (Learn a simple but effective meditation practice from Dr. Rick Hanson that embodies happiness in life.)
- The Tim Ferriss Show Transcripts: How to Say No (Please enjoy this transcript of a special episode of the podcast on how to say no to seemingly burdensome “obligations” and say yes to the critical few opportunities.)
- Unleash the Power Within (Overcome any fears holding you back and start living the life you desire at Unleash the Power Within. This 3 ½-day event with Tony Robbins will help you unlock and unleash the forces inside you to break through your limitations and take control of your life.)
- The Technium: 1000 True Fans – Kevin Kelly (To be a successful creator you don’t need millions. You don’t need millions of dollars or millions of customers, millions of clients or millions of fans. To make a living as a craftsperson, photographer, musician, designer, author, animator, app maker, entrepreneur, or inventor you need only thousands of true fans.)
- Scenario Thinking by Kevin Kelly
- Kevin Kelly (Kevin Kelly is the founding executive editor of Wired magazine, and a former editor/publisher of the Whole Earth Review. He has also been a writer, photographer, conservationist, and student of Asian and digital culture.)
- Tony Robbins (Anthony Jay Robbins is an American author, public speaker, life coach, and philanthropist.)
- Gary Vaynerchuk (Gary Vaynerchuk is a Belarusian-American entrepreneur, author, speaker, and Internet personality.)
- Rich Hungerford (Rich Hungerford is a former SAS Patrol Commander (the SAS is one of the toughest, most psychologically and physically demanding branch of special forces in the Australian Army).
- Eric Weinstein (Eric Ross Weinstein is the managing director of Thiel Capital, Peter Thiel’s investment firm, since 2015.)
- Ryan Holiday (Ryan Holiday is an American marketer and author. He is the former director of marketing for American Apparel and a media columnist and editor-at-large for the New York Observer.)
- Joe Rogan (Joseph James Rogan is an American comedian, podcast host, and mixed martial arts color commentator.)
- Simon Sinek (Simon Oliver Sinek is a British-born American author and motivational speaker. He is the author of five books, including Start With Why and The Infinite Game.)
- John F. Kennedy (John Fitzgerald Kennedy, often referred to by his initials JFK and Jack, was an American politician who served as the 35th president of the United States from January 1961 until his assassination in November 1963.)
- Marshall Rosenberg (Marshall Bertram Rosenberg was an American psychologist, mediator, author and teacher. Starting in the early 1960s he developed Nonviolent Communication, a process for supporting partnership and resolving conflict within people, in relationships, and in society.)
- Rick Hanson (Dr. Hanson is a leading expert on positive neuroplasticity. He is a New York Times bestselling author, having written six books on the topics of well-being and happiness. )
- Lauren Greenfield (Lauren Greenfield is an American artist, documentary photographer, and documentary filmmaker.)